Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The “Exquisite Doodle” Artist Project, Post 15
by Alex Mitchell

an onion peel slide on a rainy day…
“Onion Rain,” for Paula Joerling

For the cover image of Paula’s box I was inspired by an illustration from a book by Ramona Badescu and Benjamin Chaud.  They are both wonderful illustrators and I think Paula would really like their work.  The image I remember is an onion peel spiraling down like a slide and a little bird crying big tears as it walked downward.  As I started painting for Paula, I was cutting out big blue drops and then the words “onion rain” popped into my mind.  I felt like sending Paula a little message about finding the fun in any given situation.  Even a rainy day can turn into a fun ride!

The outside...
and looking inside.
The way the scroll starts...
and ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment