Sunday, May 20, 2012

The “Exquisite Doodle” Artist Project, Post 7

by Alex Mitchell

Remember how in my first post, I told you that this blog is your front row seat to the “Exquisite Doodle” Artist Project?  Well, things are getting more interesting all the time.

Assembly of eight “Exquisite Doodle” boxes for the players is officially in progress!  I’m using spray paints and templates to start things off…

The box fillers and scroll box covers have been spray-painted white.  It’s a fast and easy way to get a base coat done.  Make sure to ventilate if you do this!
To help me compose what I want to paint on the fronts of the large covers, I’ve cut cardboard templates.  Spray paint and templates belong together like peanut butter and jelly.  It takes a little time to cut out your template, but the spray paint eternalizes your design in seconds.  It’s so much fun!
The fronts of the large covers got a base coat of black spray paint and then with the templates in place, another coat of paint - this time white.  You can see the results above.  Next up:  Thinking about adding colors and what shapes to give my windows - I'll need one in the center of each cover to see through to the scroll that will be inside.  Just like what I came up with for the box featured at the top of this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment