Thursday, June 21, 2012

The “Exquisite Doodle” Artist Project, Post 10

and she would only fly at night…
 “Night Flight,” for Mary Lou Zeek

For the cover image of Mary Lou’s box I was inspired by how we first met - I had made a little work of art called “The Universe Conspires” for her gallery’s annual 100 artists group show (see bottom image).  I wanted to make her cover have a similar feel, so I decided to use similar materials like paper, strings, and beads.  I was also thinking about what kind of personal message I could be sending her, so what I came up with is "Night Flight."  It’s a little reminder to fly - even if only at night.
Mary Lou will now get her chance to add to the box anywhere she wants, but with special focus on the paper scroll and the white interior.  I can't wait to see what she decides to do!
Detail of butterflies made with paper, strings, and beads.
The outside...
and looking inside.
The way the scroll starts...
and ends.


"The Universe Conspires"

No comments:

Post a Comment